Tuesday 23 November 2010

I will get saved but not right now

Sometimes, you come across individuals who know that they need to be saved but they plan to get saved later. There's no hurry and they are enjoying themselves so much at the moment.

Perhaps such have been born into Christian homes, that is, their mother and father are both saved. In any case, they have heard the gospel message and that is a blessing but with it comes tremendous responsibility. To have heard the message of the gospel; to know that you're a sinner, to have heard that there's a God who loves you and that there's a Saviour who died for you; but to have reckoned this knowledge of little importance, to be thinking there's no urgency.

This is an extremely precarious attitude and the Word of God has many warnings against such a careless attitude.


"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." (Proverbs 27:1)
"...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)
"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." (Proverbs 29:1)


Remember the solemn warning of the rich man who thought that he could do as he pleased, he had prospered, God was good to him, yet he made his plans with no regard for the God of Heaven. He had no cares about the future. He had placed no value on his soul and he had thought that his future security lay in his own hands. But God called him a fool.

"The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee:" (Luke 12:16-20)

In a moment of time, he was out into God's great eternity to give account of himself. Please dear sinner, make no mistake, go in for God's great salvation Now. Don't be careless.

Don't procrastinate as Felix, the governor of Judea. who after Paul, the apostle, had preached unto him righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, he trembled, but then told Paul to go on his way!
"Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee." (Acts 24:25)

We aren't told whether Felix got saved at a later time - he certainly didn't accept the message of the gospel then, despite being under the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I dread to think what became of him.

"...ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment